Donation of goods
At AVC, around 1,000 tons of relief supplies and donation of goods find a new purpose every year. Goods that do not (or no longer) meet the high requirements in Switzerland and are often discarded by manufacturers are given a new chance with us. Clothes, shoes, food and hygiene articles, but also bicycles, stoves and much more find grateful recipients in one of our project countries.
People in poverty often lack the most basic things. And even if money were available, various products are sometimes not available in the stores. Here donation of goods are a very valuable support!
We would be happy to clarify with you which donation of goods we can accept.
We gladly accept the following donation of goods. In case of doubt or for goods not listed here, please contact us:
- Clothing: quality clothing, without stains or holes
- Shoes: intact, tied in pairs, in separate bag
- Bedding: washed, without stains, holes or other defects
- Incontinence products: Liners, protective underwear
- Medical aids: wheelchairs, crutches
- Sewing machines
- Complete tents (no camping equipment!)
- Digital devices (cell phones, laptops, tablets, etc): max. ten years old, min. 3G
Companies and institutions
Companies can help effectively with donation of goods. AVC Switzerland has extensive logistics and carries out transports of around 1000 tons of relief supplies and donation of goods every year. Examples of donations are:
- Building material
- Hygiene articles
- Baby food
What we cannot accept at the moment:
- Medicines or medical products
- Baby carriages, toys, beds
- Meat products of any kind
- Fresh products
- Refrigerated or frozen products
- Pet food
- Liquid beverages
Here you will find AVC's clothing collection points throughout Switzerland. Find your nearest collection point and contact the person in charge.
Of course you can also hand in your goods directly to us in Safnern. Depending on the region, we have a need for new collection points - if you would like to open one at your location, please contact us!
- Sturdy cardboard boxes (e.g., banana boxes) or tear-resistant trash bags and mail sacks are optimal. Please do not use Tell-Tex, Solitex, Texaid, plastic bags or open bags.
- Label boxes and bags with contents.
- Separate clothes and shoes.
- Seal dust-tight. Cardboard boxes will be stacked, so please do not overfill.
Help for self-help
Knowledgeable employees sort and sell the goods in our stores in various Eastern European countries. This creates new jobs. Unsold clothes are either given away or donated to social institutions, from which completely destitute people benefit.
With the profits generated from the second-hand stores, some of our projects are partly self-financing. For example, the "Center for Change" in Bulgaria. Individual secondhand stores also give a share of their proceeds to AVC's work in countries where Christians are persecuted.
Do you have questions about your donation of goods or would you like to report a donation to us? We are happy to be there for you.
(Video in German)
(Video in German)
Browse through our website and learn more about our engagements in more than sixty countries worldwide.